KTM / Husqvarna / GASGAS Manual Cam Chain Tensioner 2007-2022
The all new Nihilo Concepts Manual Cam Chain Tensioner has been tested and developed in conjunction with the factory teams to provide the best cam tensioner available on the market today. Fits KTM / Husqvarna 250 and 350 four strokes. ( see Fitment) This tensioner is a direct replacement for part number 77336008000
It’s refined construction and design provides accurate adjustment without the possibility of cam chain slippage. The OEM tensioner is held tight by oil pressure and if oil flow is restricted even for a few seconds the stock tensioner can lose pressure and the chain can jump causing catastrophic damage to you motor. Professional teams like Red Bull KTM and Rock Star Husqvarna don’t like talking that chance that’s why they run the Nihilo Manual tensioners.
A solid Stainless steel pusher is attached to a threaded aluminum insert with an aluminum lock nut to hold everything in place. A small “O” ring and OEM brass washer keep the engine sealed tight. The Nihilo manual tensioner re-uses the OEM brass crush washer and incorporates a beveled edge that self-centers the washer for a perfect fit and seal. There is no longer the need to block off the oil jet because the threaded insert blocks the jet pushing more oil pressure to the top of the motor.
Don’t take a chance with the stock Hydraulic tensioner failing, install the Nihilo manual Tensioner today.
Nihilo KTM / Husqvarna 250 and 350 Manual Cam Chain Tensioner Instructions
- Remove Stock tensioner from the motor with a 24mm wrench.
- Retain the brass crush washer for use with the Nihilo tensioner
- Remove the blue locking nut from the tensioner and screw the SS pusher assembly all the way into the black insert until it bottoms out
- Install the brass crush washer onto the black insert and slide the assembly into the motor and start threading it in by hand finish by tightening with 19mm wrench
- With a 6mm wrench now turn the Stainless Steel threaded pusher clockwise (tighten) until you feel it touching the cam chain guide then tighten ½ turn to achieve the correct tension, next install the blue lock nut.
- While holding the 6mm head of the SS pusher stationary tighten the blue locking nut with a 13mm wrench
- You are done installing your new Nihilo Concepts manual Cam Tensioner. We suggest you check the tightness when servicing you motorcycle approximately every 6-8 hours. Simply remove the blue nut, back off the tensioner until it stops and then re-tighten by hand until you feel tension then go ½ turn more with the 6mm wrench and install the blue lock nut as described above. On new motors there will be very little free play , this insures that the chain cannot jump as the motor breaks in small adjustment may be necessary.
Fitment (See Full Fitment Here)
- 2013 -2024 KTM 250 SX-F
- 2013 - 2024 KTM 250 XC-F
- 2011 - 2024 KTM 350 SX-F
- 2011 - 2024 KTM 350 XC-F
- 2014 - 2024 KTM 250 EXC-F
- 2020 - 2024 KTM RC4 R
- 2012 - 2024 KTM Freeride
- 2014 - 2024 Husqvarna FC 250
- 2014 - 2024 Husqvarna FC 350
- 2017 - 2024 Husqvarna FX 350
- 2014 - 2024 Husqvarna FE 250
- 2013 - 2024 Husqvarna FE 350
- 2021 - 2024 GASGAS MC 250 F
- 2021 - 2024 GASGAS EX 250 F
- 2021 - 2024 GASGAS EX 350F
- 2022 - 2024 GASGAS MC 350 F
- 2021 - 2024 GASGAS EC 250 F
- 2021 - 2024 GASGAS EC 350 F